1. The biggest fire in Utah history happened in Park City on June 19, 1898. It almost completely destroyed the town.
2. During Prohibition there were 28 bars on Main Street and only 1 did not serve alcohol.
3. Back in Prehistoric days, there were dinosaur's in Park City.
4. Under the streets of Park City there is over 1,000 (yes, ONE THOUSAND) miles of underground tunnels.
5. Abraham Lincoln had a hand in the development of Park City by causing the silver rush and taking the land from the Indians an giving it to the settlers.
6.The founding fathers of Park City were polygamist. Samuel Snyder (Snyderville which is the Canyons) had five wives. Heber C. Kimball (Heber City and Heber Ave are named after him) had 43 wives and Jedediah Grant had seven wives.
7. Park City was one of the first towns in Utah to get the telephone.
8. Park City was once know for Grizzly Bear. They went extinct because the pioneers ate them all.
I hope you enjoyed this little history. If you did, follow our blog and like us on Facebook. www.fastaxi.org